You have a wonderful blog that you have started recently. But you are worried about the number of visits or traffic to your blog and almost quit blogging. Well, if you work hard and explore other successful bloggers you will know a lot on how to run your blog successfully with a good number of visitors.
I'm going to share how you can increase your traffic by commenting on others' blogs.
How many of you comment on other blogger's posts in your niche?
Do you know commenting on other blogs in your niche is one of the most important things for a blogger?
Following are the reasons why every blogger should comment on the blogs of his/her niche.
• The immediate benefit you will get is traffic to your blog. You might be following so many other things like link exchange, submitting your blog to blog directories etc to drive traffic to your site. But none of them will get you the 'quality' traffic. Commenting on the blogs of your niche will help you get the quality traffic.
• What makes you comment on other's blog? The obvious answer is their posts. So, you would obviously go through their posts before posting a comment. By going through different posts on different blogs, there is a great chance of you getting some good ideas for you to write a great post on your blog. Reading that many posts will also make you know how to write better and attracting posts.
• Post valid and good comments regularly. By dooing so, there are great chances of people getting interested to know you. Make friends with them. This helps your blog getting linked by them.
• If you keep commenting, you will also get more comments to your blog. Whatever you put out comes back to you. So, keep commenting.
• Search for new blogs in your niche once in a while and comment on them too. This helps you expose yourself to new people in your niche.
• Add value to the conversation with your comment.
But wait! This is not everything. There are a few other things to consider before you comment.
• Your comments should not be like "great post", "nice blog", "Thanks for the great post" etc. You'll be considered a comment spammer if you do so.
• Your comments should be related to the topic.
• Tell him what you like and why you like.
• Don't always put a link to your blog in your comment signature. Add the link back to your blog only if you feel it is relevant to the post.
• Don't add more comments on the same post. It can hurt you more than it helps.
Blogging is not just about what you want to say. What good does it make you, if you don't have visitors to read your blog. So, reach out to people, expose yourself to new friends, new ideas.